The Liberty Hill Guide encourages users to contribute different kinds of content, including ratings, reviews, comments and listings. The main goal of these guidelines is to keep the dialogue civil, but here are a few details to explain that further.
- Don’t post inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but we don’t allow threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Avoid conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you shouldn’t write reviews of your own business, your employer’s business or your competitor’s business. It’s a small town, so it may be impossible to stay away from rating businesses owned by friends, but keep it honest and disclose the relationship.
- Stay away from promotional content: Unless you’re using your account to add content to your own business’s listing, we generally frown upon promotional content. Let’s keep the site useful for consumers and not overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Make your ratings and reviews relevant to what others look for on the site: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews aren’t the place for rants about a business’s employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don’t address the core of the consumer experience.
- Don’t violate others’ privacy: Don’t publicize other people’s private information. Please don’t post close-up photos or videos of other patrons without their permission, and please don’t post other people’s full names unless you’re referring to service providers who are commonly identified by or commonly share their own full names.
- Abide by intellectual property laws: Don’t swipe content from other sites or users.
- Don’t use the site to extort payment from the business: Beyond simply asking for a refund to remedy a bad experience, you should not use removing or posting your review as a way to extract payment from a business, regardless of whether you’ve been a customer.